West Palm Beach Record Seal Expunge Attorney

Inskeep Law LLC Record Seal or Expunge Rate

Attorney Services:


FDLE Certificate Fee:

$ 75

County Clerk Fees:

$ 48 (includes filing fee and certified copy fee)

Total Costs


Seal or Expunge Criminal Records in Florida

A criminal record can have lasting consequences on anyone. From booking photos to background checks, even a minor arrest a long time ago can continue to dog a person in many areas, primarily when trying to get a job or a place to live. The process of getting your record sealed or expunged is purely procedural. There are no special tricks to submitting an application to the FDLE and getting a certificate of eligibility. A person either qualifies or does not. West Palm Beach Record Seal Expunge Attorney Inskeep Law LLC handles the entire process for you.

Free Initial Consultation

Call or email Inskeep Law LLC for a free consultation to see if you qualify for a petition to seal or expunge your record. Usual concerns in this process include the nature of the charge, the disposition of the case and the history of the individual.

What is the effect of a Sealed or Expunged Record?

Under Florida Law, a person may lawfully deny or fail to acknowledge the arrests covered by the sealing or expungement with limited exceptions detailed in Fla. Stat. 943.0585 (Expungement) and Fla. Stat. 943.059 (Sealing). There are certain occupations and licenses which may require a person to divulge any prior sealing or expungement and in some cases, request a court order to unseal a record.

When filling out a job application or a landlord tenant agreement, for example, if your record has been successfully sealed or expunged a person has no legal duty to disclose the fact that they had previously been arrested. When asked, under oath, if you have ever been arrested, a person may deny the matter and not be charged with perjury. Call or email Inskeep Law LLC for more information on what a sealed or expunged record can mean for you.

Seal or Expunge, What is the Difference?

When an individual receives a withhold of adjudication in a matter, they can apply to have their record sealed. If the charges are dropped, or a nolle prosse, no file, dismissal or NOT GUILTY is entered in the case, a person may have their record expunged. The difference?

Sealed: some examples are that your record is still available to be viewed by yourself, your attorney, to criminal justice agencies for limited background checks -such as for the purchase of firearms, and for judges in limited situations. You can read more about this in 943.059(4).
Expunged: your criminal record must be “obliterated or destroyed” by any criminal justice agency having custody of it, with the exception of the one record in the custody of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). Of course, this one copy will always exist in case an individual applies for employment or a license related to one of the maters noted above.

Call or email Inskeep Law LLC to figure out which is the right one for you.

If I had my record sealed, can I still get it expunged?

Yes, you can apply if you had your record sealed at least ten years ago. If you received a withhold of adjudication or some other result that was not a dismissal of the charges prior to trial, you should contact Inskeep Law LLC to get your sealed record expunged. If you originally had your record sealed when the charges were dismissed prior to trial, it most likely should have been expunged. In this case, you do not need to wait ten years to apply, Call or email Inskeep Law LLC immediately.

How long does it take?

The process has two parts. Part one requires the prosecutor in your judicial circuit to review the application and sign off on the eligibility of the individual to apply to the FDLE. This process takes anywhere from approximately two to seven months, depending on the jurisdiction. The next part is sending it to FDLE and waiting for the certificate of eligibility needed to proceed to a final hearing. This takes another six months on average. The entire process takes 9 months to one year.

Do I qualify?

Many things can disqualify a person from having their record sealed or expunged. Juvenile history, the nature of the charge and the nature of the disposition can all play a role in determining if a person qualifies. Pleading guilty to certain crimes, even if adjudication is withheld, can also prevent a person from ever receiving a certificate of eligibility to seal their record. Call or email Inskeep Law LLC today for a free consultation to see if you qualify. More information can be found in Fla. Stat. 943.0585 (Expungement) and Fla. Stat. 943.059 (Sealing).

West Palm Beach Record Seal Expunge Attorney

Call West Palm Beach Record Seal Expunge Attorney Inskeep Law LLC (561) 835-1158 for a free consultation